Sunday 28 November 2010

Day 2 scotland trip

After a good nights sleep at the kings house hotel i stuffed myself with breakfast and packed my car. There were deer in the car park that were really tame walking ride upto you and letting you touch them, a lady was feeding one of them toast out of there hand

I got in the car a drove through glencoe and went to Kinlochleven as id never been. I parked up and did a forest walk, there was a big water fall coming off the side of the mountain

I drove to fort william and had a brew in the nevisport cafe it was 12 oclock and new i couldnt get to the log cabin till 4, I needed to do something for 3 hours. I drove to the nevis range and decieded to have a ride around the red mtb routes there linking the 10 under the ben course with the world cup circuit. My legs were tired from the day before so just took it easy, i had some bigger rides planned for the week ahead. Ive done around 400 miles of riding at the nevis range in the last 2 years so i know alot of the tracks and was able to make a interesting loop up, I managed to waste a hour 40 riding round and clock up 15 miles or so with 1500 feet of climbing. I got changed and drove to the log cabin where it was just about ready for me. I had a shower and sat down with a beer and waited for the others to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment